Vegetable & Red Lentil Paella
Posted By biteme August 18, 2019
6 Bite Me Fine Foods Red Lentil Fakki Patties
2 cups aborio rice
1 litre organic chicken style or vegetable stock
100g green beans, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup white wine
3 tsp tomato paste
2 stalks thyme (leaves only)
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 tsp sweet paprika
Sea salt to taste
1. Fry onion and garlic in olive oil, add paprika and rice. Fry for 2 minutes and add 1/2 the stock and white wine.
2. Simmer until mixture boils.
3. Add green beans, sweet paprika and tomato paste.
4. Once mixture has reduced, stir in parsley, peas and tomatoes.
5. Add the other half of the stock and reduce heat.
6. Simmer until rice has cooked through.
7. Heat Red Lentil Fakki Patties in a sandwich press or small fry pan until golden on both sides and stir through paella mixture.