Roasted Pumpkin, Pesto & Brown Rice Lentil Pattie Salad
Posted By biteme March 4, 2022
2 cups of brown rice, cooked
1 packet of Bite Me Fine Foods Brown Rice Lentil Patties
1/4 Kent pumpkin, sliced into 2cm thick wedges
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 bunch of asparagus
4 tbs pumpkin seeds
1 cup of basil leaves, firmly packed
1/4 cup roasted almonds
1 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Add the pumpkin to the tray and drizzle with Olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place into the oven to cook for 30-40 minutes or until soft and lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. To make the pesto, add the basil, almonds, lemon juice, salt, garlic and olive oil to a food processor and blend until a pesto forms.
4. Place a pan over medium heat and add the pumpkin seeds. Cook for a few minutes, stirring intermittently until golden brown. Then remove the seeds from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the Brown Rice Lentil Patties and asparagus to the empty pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove asparagus and patties from the pan and set aside.
6. To assemble the salads, divide the brown rice between two serving bowls. Then top each bowl with a few slices of roasted pumpkin, the patties, and asparagus. Drizzle the pesto over the top.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by @tanikadouglas_